The Fund executes tasks in the area of medical certification by virtue of Article 46 of the act of 20th December 1990 on social insurance for farmers (i.e. Journal of Laws/ Dz. U. 2008 no. 50, item 291, as amended) and the Regulation of the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy of 31 st December 2004 on medical certification in the Agricultural Social Insurance Fund (KRUS) (Journal of Laws/ Dz. U 2005 no. 6 item 46).
The certification proceedings in the bodies of the Fund are two-instance proceedings.
In the first instance certificates are issued by expert medical doctors, inthe second one-medical doctors' commissions ofthe Fund.
The tasks of an expert doctor/medical doctors' commissions ofthe Fund entail certificates which establish:
1. permanent or long-term incapacity for work on a farm,
2. permanent or long-term detriment to health,
3. incapacity for independent existence,
4. temporary incapacity for work lastinglongerthan 180 days,
5. purposefulness of vocational retraining caused by permanent, complete incapacity for work on a farm,
6. recommendation ofmedicinal rehabilitation,
7. other circumstances conditioning granting of benefits from thesocial insurance for farmers.
Pursuant to the Regulation of the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy of 31st December 2004 on medical certification in the Agricultural Social Insurance Fund (KRUS) direct and superior supervision ofthe certification of expert medical doctors and doctors' commissions ofthe Fund is exercised by the President of KRUS.
Direct supervision by authorization of the Fund President is exercised by the Regional Doctor Medical Certification Inspector. Superior supervision by authorization of the Fund President is exercised by the Head Doctor ofthe Fund.